Future Sessions with Modernist Studio: Conversations with Cultural Leaders
Hosted by Modernist Studio
Future Sessions with Modernist Studio presents a conversation with cultural leaders in design, culture, and technology.
Join us for a lively virtual discussion with:
- Elizabeth Gore, Co-Founder & President of Hello Alice
- Joah Spearman, Founder & CEO of Localeur
- Meetesh Karia, CTO & CDO of The Zebra
- Callie Thompson, Director of Service Design & Design Research at Headspace
- Angela Wong, Director of Experience Design at H-E-B
- Diana Griffin, Co-Founder of GirlsGuild, Educator at Austin Center for Design (AC4D), and Product Manager at Nava
Livestream September 29, 2020 from 5:30pm CST to 8pm CDT
Yes, this is a virtual event. No, we're not a bunch of talking heads.
You're tired of sitting at the computer listening to virtual meetings and hoping no one will notice your quarantine hair. We get it—we are, too.
In this inspiring evening conversation, we're looking at the relationship between Design, Culture, and Sustainability. Cultural leaders are coming together to answer the questions of:
- Move fast and fix things. Can we embrace speed AND sustainability?
- We were promised jetpacks. Why can't we build the future the way we imagine it?
Moderators Matt Franks (CEO, Modernist Studio) and Catherine Woodiwiss (Design Researcher, Modernist Studio) will guide these discussions to provoke thought, open up new avenues of exploration, and look at how interaction design can improve the human condition.
The goal of Modernist Studio, in everything we do, is to work in partnership to uncover opportunities for innovation through strategy and design that have a positive, long-lasting impact.
This free event is offered as part of World Interaction Design Day (IxDD).
So grab your beverage of choice, let that hair go wild, and get inspired by these founders, changemakers, and leading voices across design and technology. We won't make you turn on your camera, but if you want to send them your questions, ideas, and comments, we'll be pulling from audience feedback throughout the evening.
Sign up to receive email updates about #IxDD events and activities, and learn how you can be part of advancing interaction design in communities across the globe.